Verano de Escandalo, 2014
The 2014 Verano de Escandalo (Verano de Escandalo, 2014) was held on June 7 in Plaza de Toros La Concordia, Orizaba, Veracruz. It was the first time the event had been held since 2011 and took place before TripleMania.
|1||Aerostar, Ludxor, Venum||Carta Brava Jr., El Apache, Súper Fly|||
|2||El Elegido, Faby Apache, Mascarita Sagrada, Pimpinela Escarlata||Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro, Sexy Star, Silver King|||
Hijo del Fantasma
|winner gets a shot at the AAA World Cruiserweight Championship|||
|4||Crazy Boy, Joe Lider, Niño Hamburguesa||Daga, Eterno, Steve Pain|||
|5||Texano Jr. ©||Psycho Clown||AAA World Heavyweight Championship|||
|6||Cibernético, La Parka, Myzteziz||Averno, Chessman, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo|||
- Aerostar beat Super Fly, but the rudos attacked him after the fact.
- Elegido defeated Silver King.
- Moved down a spot. Eliminations went Scoria (via Jack), Jack (via Fantasma), Angelico (via Pentagon Jr.), Australian Suicide (Pentagon Jr.), Fantasma (Fenix), Fenix (Pentagon Jr.), and Pentagon Jr. (via Bengala's 8.1)? leaving Bengala as the winner. Bengala faces Aerostar (and Daga?) at some other time.
- Moved up a spot. Nino splash on Daga for the win.
- Hijo del Tirantes was appointed referee, which Psycho Clown protested. Joaquin thought it over and appointed Rafael el Maya (who just happened to be in Orizaba?) as the replacement referee. Texano retained with Maya was distracted - but it turned out the ex-CMLL referee was actually with Consejo all along. Texano's 11th defense, first on TV since October - two straight with heel referees giving the champion of the world the win. Psycho wants a mask vs hair match.
- Texano interfered, but Psycho Clown ran him off. Myzteziz defeated Chessman with la Mistica.